Thursday, August 14, 2014

HOMEWORK THIS WEEKEND: Due Aug 18/19

Homework is two-fold this weekend.  First, you will have pictures of what your interactive notebook looks like.  Bring your interactive notebook up to date.

Some of you had the 2nd page of the handout today. If you did, use Edmodo if you can or you can call your classmates ( I don't have phone numbers) to finish the 2nd page of the handout.  I will check Edmodo and see what I have done to stop discussions.  Fixed all permissions in Edmodo!  Yippy Me!


You should have folded two papers toward the left into the crease of the book to form a pocket.  Find some good strong tape and tape it down to the front cover of your notebook like the example above.  You will now have a pocket on your Interactive Notebook.

Next was, a Table of Contents.  Above, you can see that I have started to write in my TOC.

You should have counted 3 physical pages and then started your U1L1 Do Now:


I had room on my page, so I wrote my U1L2 Do Now at the mid-point.



Then I had extra room and on the next few pages, I wrote my Do Now sections for U1L3, U1L4 (I messed up it should be U1L5 and U1L6 not U1L4 again and then 5).  Mistakes happen.  It's ok.


Some of us might have the Map Elements (Cornell Notes or CN) next instead of the U1L2....it's ok.  We will work on the next few pages together so there's no more confusion!  I am not sweating this part of it.

This was today's CN: Relative Location.  YOU had 5 cities, I originally had 10.....DON'T WORRY!!!!!!  There were only 5 on the power point!

Second,  some of you have the City Graphic Organizer to finish.  The one class that didn't get to it, you are not responsible for it.  However, if you want to finish it, please do so.  That would be nice.
I changed the permissions on Edmodo and started Discussions under each assigned city.  If you want to discuss it with your classmates on Edmodo, you can UNDER the correct city.  Then fill out the graphic organizer.



You may have to scroll down in the group discussion to see the opened discussions for each of the cities.  If you have research information that you'd like to share with your classmates, please add it under your city as a "reply."





2 comments: