Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Welcome Letter

Dear Parent(s) and Scholar:

I would like to welcome you to an exciting school year.  I love Texas History!  As a native Texan, I really appreciate our great state.  I hope that you will enjoy learning about Texas, too. 
I’d like to share a little information about me:  I was born in Del Rio, Texas and lived there until mid-year of my 7th Grade. So like you, I had the privilege of studying Texas History.  Then, my family moved to Orlando, Florida and I spent the rest of my secondary years there.  I graduated from Valdosta State University (Valdosta, Georgia) with a Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies with emphasis in History, Ethics, and Humanities.  Finally, I graduated from the University of Southern California (Los Angeles, California) with a Master’s Degree in Teaching, Secondary Social Studies.  I recently moved from Hawaii with my husband, my three children, and dog, Harley to Arlington.  This is my first year at Uplift Summit. 

We will be utilizing Edmodo in our classroom so parents and scholars, I invite you to join. Edmodo is free.  Follow this link: Edmodo Then if you are a parent sign in as a parent to register your own account. Students, after your parent registers, you can type the address in again then click on the student button to register your own account.
We will work very hard in my class so that together we can help you on your Road to College! I’d like to ask that you come prepared every day for class with your Interactive Notebook, supplies, and an eagerness to learn. Together we can reach 100% college readiness!

We are going to have a great year together!
Add caption

Sincerely,

Mrs. Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment